Three major concerns arise from this announcement:
- First, that employers might stop offering health plans to their employees.
- Second, that a cessation of employer-based plans will force people with preexisting conditions out of coverage.
- Thirdly, that offering such a credit will spark a rise in insurance premiums so that the insurance industry can capture the entire $5000.00/year from each taxpayer.
Of course both Democratic candidates, who are promoting different forms of supposedly "universal" coverage that would have to be paid for with federal tax dollars (which means higher taxes!) and downplayed McCain's proposal.
- Have you heard of this proposal?
- What do you think about this health/tax plan?
- Would such a health plan be beneficial for you and your family?